eMedia Music Theory Tutor
Music Theory Made Easy!
"Well-thought-out music training application."
Make Teaching Music Theory Easier with Music Theory Tutor School Edition
eMedia Music Theory Tutor School Edition teaches music theory with over 400 engaging lessons in rhythm, melody, and harmony. It uses images, audio, interactivity, and numerous examples along with pitch and rhythm recognition to help students learn faster and make music theory class more fun! The thorough curriculum was created for teaching music theory from beginning to intermediate levels, and an innovative Instructor Dashboard makes it easy for music theory teachers to manage classes, students, and instructors.
Music teachers are also able to customize lesson plans for each class. An Intelligent Practice feature analyzes student responses and creates individualized practice programs to improve weakest areas. Many lessons allow entering pitches by simply humming, singing, or playing an instrument into the computer’s microphone. Students can tap rhythms and sing back pitches to interact naturally with the curriculum. The software shows when students answer correctly in a lesson, charts their progress, and provides analytics as they move through the course. The music theory software allows the instructor to easily monitor the progress of both individual students and the music theory class as a whole.
- A step-by-step curriculum designed by Dr. Gregory Simon, who holds a doctorate in composition from the University of Michigan and taught at the University of Colorado.
- Music theory software with over 400 lessons, exercises, and tests with graphics, interactivity, and sound.
- Web-based Instructor Dashboard to define classes, create custom lesson plans, add students or teachers, and track student progress and marks.
- Ability to create a custom syllabus using content from the lesson library.
- Customize tests to include music theory and ear training questions.
- Music theory and basic ear training combined in one powerful application.
- A graph showing testing and answer statistics to let you easily measure student progress.
- Intelligent Practice that tracks student progress and automatically selects questions to improve weak spots.
- Exercises teaching rhythmic fundamentals including tempo, counting beats, measures, values for notes and rests, and syncopation.
- Rhythmic lessons teach counting plus recognition of simple and compound time signatures (including 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 3/8, 9/8, etc.) and cut time.
- Interactive lessons for learning to read music with explanations and exercises for learning clefs, key signatures, note pitches, names, and rhythmic values (including dotted and beamed notes) including advanced triplets.
- Explanation of major, minor (harmonic and natural), and chromatic scale construction plus modes and the Circle of Fifths.
- Ear training and theory exercises teach you to identify and understand note direction and motion, intervals (fourths, fifths, tritones, melodic/harmonic, etc.) scales, chords, and progressions.
- Melodic identification studies that cover note stability and resolution plus the roles of melody and harmony.
- Interval identification studies (fourths, fifths, tritones, melodic/harmonic, etc.).
- Chord theory lessons outline chord construction (major and minor triads, diminished, augmented, and 7ths), inversions, and arpeggios.
- Lessons on creating chord progressions covering chord positions and functions within progressions (tonic, dominant, subdominant, etc.), Roman numeral (I, IV, V, etc.) and figured bass notation, plus chord substitutions, phrasing, cadence, passing, and pedal tones.
- Lessons and exercises in musical form and analysis (binary, ternary, rondo, phrasing, etc.) help you better understand composition.
- A harmonic flowchart plus major and minor harmony studies.
- Solfege studies with arpeggio and sight singing.
From our partner Adium Software.