eMedia Music Corporation
664 NE Northlake Way
Seattle, WA 98105
Tel: (206) 329-5657
Fax: (206) 329-0235
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday – 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST)
eMedia Music – Company Information
eMedia Music Corporation is the world’s leading publisher of educational music software, apps and DVDs. eMedia’s products have been critically acclaimed by sources such as Newsweek, Guitar World, The Wall Street Journal, and PC Magazine and have been endorsed by guitar legends, including Nancy Wilson of Heart and Peter Frampton. Formed in 1994 by Adrian Burton, formerly of Microsoft Multimedia Publishing, eMedia is dedicated to producing high quality software that gives everyone access to the joy of making music by combining:
- Experienced and Accredited Instructors – Our featured instructors have decades of teaching experience, advanced degrees and training from top music institutions such as the Juilliard School of Music.
- Proven, Developed Curriculum – eMedia’s curriculum for each program is custom developed by the featured instructor in collaboration with educational software and user interface experts, resulting in an easy-to-follow, interactive experience. We constantly refine and develop our curricula to make them as effective and engaging as possible. Over one million people have learned with eMedia music software, and it is used in hundreds of schools.
- eMedia Music Education Technology – Our innovative and groundbreaking technology greatly enhances learning. Animated instruments show you exactly what you should be playing, and Music Tracking shows you exactly where you should be playing. Instant Feedback listens to you play and gives real time feedback, and Performance Evaluation lets you see where you made mistakes so you can correct them and progress faster.
- Popular Songs – eMedia’s song-oriented approach makes learning more enjoyable. Hit songs, such as Bob Dylan’s “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” and John Lennon’s “Imagine,” help keep students engaged and motivated.
eMedia’s software excellence has been recognized with prestigious awards including:
- PC Magazine’s “Editor’s Choice” award.
- Newsweek’s citation of Guitar Method as one of the “Best CD-ROM Titles.”
- Music and Sound Retailer’s “Best Music Software” award for an unprecedented 5 years in a row!
eMedia was also honored with company awards including:
- Deloitte & Touche’s Fast 50 award recognizing Washington State’s 50 fastest-growing technology companies.
- Puget Sound Business Journal’s award for Washington’s 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies.
- Washington CEO ’s award for Top 40 software companies in Washington State.
eMedia is dedicated to producing and distributing innovative music software with broad appeal. eMedia’s products, including our best-selling eMedia Guitar Method and eMedia Piano Method, are distributed internationally in both English versions and translated versions to countries around the world (see our list of international distributors). eMedia also distributes software & instrument bundles and selects the best complementary music-oriented software titles from around the world to distribute, including products by PG Music, Image Line, IPE, Arobas, Musitek, and Acoustica.
If you have skills you’d like to share with us, feel free to submit your resume and cover letter via email. Thank you!